This week off from work has been great. For the first time in years I haven't been contacted in any way about work while off. I've also accomplished my Goodwill furniture donation run on Thursday. I am so thankful the weather was beautiful up until Thursday night. Then it snowed! Gotta get a reminder of winter in New England sometime :).
To recap, here is My Goal Dress Base Pattern:
On to the alterations/backstory. I had always wanted to wear this dress to my 8th grade semi-formal dance:
While I didn't think so at the time, my mom's objection was probably sensible. But, oh, how I pined over Butterick 4616! I haven't had the occasion to make this outfit since I've reached adulthood, but used the neckline for my 1 dress.
I also knew I wanted this dress to have three-quarter length sleeves, which do not come with the base pattern. So, I took the very nice darted sleeve from vintage Simplicity 3108 (that I first mentioned here).
Here are some (boring, but useful) photos of my neckline and sleeve design alterations. Sandra Betzina gives a really nice explanation of combining patterns in Power Sewing.
I added a kick pleat to the skirt back as well. On to the (many) fit alterations!